Saturday 23 August 2014

Poem: Before the moment passed away

Before the moment passed away

-Nilesh Mondal



Have you some time for me,
Then I shall write you,
a tiny little love song,
that smells like you,
 that talks like you,
and when you tickle her
she giggles
a giggle that grows old
with lofty brown pinewood trees of discourse,
 And I shall write
A tiny little love song,
a tiny little,
and a little tiny, song,
 with finger tipped in sonatas and star-sap,
That roll off dull white poem paper,
like trickling syrup sweet,
And I shall write a love song,
For you,
 Of smiles with frayed ends
and freckles of playful frolicking
that border silk smooth
smooth silk aanchals,
And I shall write a love song,
For me,
 Of recurring dreams and wanderlust
that dissolves in my blood like Tutankhamen's tears,
And I shall write you,
a tiny little love song,
that shall shine through winter evenings,
like gas lamps in Paris,
 that shall grow up in deeply drunk dreams,
like rusty red lighthouses,
that shall take you by your hand,
 and rain down on you every August,
And I Shall write you a tiny little love song that shall sing
Wait a little on the threshold of my heart,
For ages later
Peace has breached it's doorsteps again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback means a lot!