Thursday 28 August 2014

A HUMAN

A HUMAN


I wish I could flash a brilliant smile and say, "Well that sure did make me stronger" to every heart break that I have encountered. I wish I could gulp down the hitch and speak the truth, however harsh. I wish I could speak without being tongue tied, scream all the things that I am afraid to say. I wish I could bare my heart just as easily as I guard it. I wish I could not fall out of love just as easily I fall in love. I wish I could say with conviction that nothing fazes me. I wish I could say that sleep came easy to me instead of at 3:00 am and then too spend the night tossing and turning plagued by memories. I wish I didn’t search for validation or a home from someone. I wish I didn’t need music so loud that I can’t hear myself think. I wish I could have a seamless train of thought in my mind and not a raging hurricane. I wish most of the lessons I learned came from books and not from people. I wish I didn’t waste so many years trying to get accepted or unnecessary rebelling. I wish I could die only once. I wish I could challenge life to beat me and run against time. I wish I could but I can't. I am bursting at the seams. Decomposing and disintegrating like a perishable being. I am, unbelievably, a human.

A human who can climb, run, fly, dive, grope, slip, stumble, but, heaven forbid, walk. I am unbelievably a human and undeniably so.


-Maupali  Khan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback means a lot!